Physical Geology, 17th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Physical Geology is a classic introductory text that has helped countless students learn basic physical geology concepts for over 25 years. Students taking introductory physical geology to fulfill a science elective, as well as those contemplating a career in geology, will appreciate the accessible writing style and depth of coverage in Physical Geology.
Chapter 2: Atoms, Elements and Minerals
Chapter 3: Igneous Rocks, the Origin and Evolution of Magma, and Intrusive Activity
Chapter 4: Volcanism and Extrusive Rocks
Chapter 5: Weathering and Soil
Chapter 6: Sediment and Sedimentary Rocks
Chapter 7: Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
Chapter 8: Time and Geology
Chapter 9: Mass Wasting
Chapter 10: Streams and Floods
Chapter 11: Groundwater
Chapter 12: Glaciers and Glaciation
Chapter 13: Deserts and Wind Action
Chapter 14: Waves, Beaches, and Coasts
Chapter 15: Geologic Structures
Chapter 16: Earthquakes
Chapter 17: Earth’s Interior and Geophysical Properties
Chapter 18: The Sea Floor
Chapter 19: Plate Tectonics—The Unifying Theory
Chapter 20: Mountain Belts and the Continental Crust
Chapter 21: Global Climate Change
Chapter 22: Resources
Chapter 23: The Earth’s Companions
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com