Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
For almost four decades, Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach (SEPA) has been the world's leading textbook in software engineering. The ninth edition represents a major restructuring and update of previous editions, solidifying the book's position as the most comprehensive guide to this important subject.
1) Software and Software Engineering
Part One - The Software Process
2) Process Models
3) Agility and Process
4) Recommended Process Model
5) Human Aspects of Software Engineering
Part Two - Modeling
6) Principles That Guide Practice
7) Understanding Requirements
8) Requirements Modeling - A Recommended Approach
9) Design Concepts
10) Architectural Design - A Recommended Approach
11) Component-Level Design
12) User Experience Design
13) Design for Mobility
14) Pattern-Based Design
Part Three - Quality and Security
15) Quality Concepts
16) Reviews - A Recommended Approach
17) Software Quality Assurance
18) Software Security Engineering
19) Software Testing - Component Level
20) Software Testing - Integration Level
21) Software Testing - Specialized Testing for Mobility
22) Software Configuration Management
23) Software Metrics and Analytics
Part Four - Managing Software Projects
24) Project Management Concepts
25) Creating a Viable Software Plan
26) Risk Management
27) A Strategy for Software Support
Part Five - Advanced Topics
28) Software Process Improvement
29) Emerging Trends in Software Engineering
30) Concluding Comments
Appendix I - An Introduction to UML
Appendix II - Data Science for Software Engineers
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org