Transformations: Women, Gender, and Psychology, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Transformations: Women, Gender and Psychology explores the many transformations, including developmental transformations of a gendered life and transformations in psychology. Transformations presents a broad, comprehensive theoretical framework for understanding how the lives of all people, but particularly the lives of girls and women, are shaped by gender. Students are introduced to the concepts of feminism, multiculturalism, diversity and intersexuality.
Chapter 1 Paving the Way
PART 2 GENDER IN SOCIAL CONTEXT
Chapter 2 Gender, Status, and Power
Chapter 3 Images of Women
Chapter 4 The Meanings of Difference
PART 3 GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT
Chapter 5 Sex, Gender, and Bodies
Chapter 6 Gendered Identities: Childhood and Adolescence
PART 4 GENDERED LIFE PATHS
Chapter 7 Sexuality, Love, and Romance
Chapter 8 Commitments: Women and Close Relationships
Chapter 9 Mothering
Chapter 10 Work and Achievement
Chapter 11 The Second Half: Midlife and Aging
PART 5 GENDER AND WELL-BEING
Chapter 12 Violence against Women
Chapter 13 Psychological Disorders, Therapy, and Women’s Well-Being
Chapter 14 Making a Difference: Toward a Better Future for Women
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources