Technical Writing for Engineers & Scientists, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The focus of Technical Writing for Engineers and Scientists is to teach engineering students the skill of technical writing. The book is unique in that it gets to the point, uses practical outlines throughout, and shows students how to produce the most common technical documents step by step. This title is useful for instructors looking to incorporate writing assignments into their already-packed classes, and for students looking for the nitty-gritty details about what they need to do to get the writing project done in their engineering and science classes. This edition is available with Connect, including the Writing Assignment Tool. Instructor Resources for this title include: Instructor's Manual, Accessible Lecture PPTs, and Image PPTs.
2 Ethical Considerations
4 Technical Definition
5 Description of a Mechanism
6 Description of a Process
7 Instructions and Manuals
9 Progress Reports
10 Feasibility and Recommendation Reports
11 Laboratory and Project Reports
12 Research Reports
13 A3 Reports
14 Abstracts and Summaries
15 Style and Mechanics
19 Business Communication
20 Communications with Future Employers (aka, Getting a Job)
21 Team Writing
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources