Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Statistics for Engineers and Scientists stands out for its clear presentation of applied statistics. The book takes a practical approach to methods of statistical modeling and data analysis that are most often used in scientific work. This edition features a unique approach highlighted by an engaging writing style that explains difficult concepts clearly, along with the use of contemporary real world data sets, to help motivate students and show direct connections to industry and research. While focusing on practical applications of statistics, the text makes extensive use of examples to motivate fundamental concepts and to develop intuition. The new edition of Statistics for Engineers and Scientists is also available in McGraw Hill Connect, featuring SmartBook 2.0, Adaptive Learning Assignments, and more!
Chapter 1: Sampling and Descriptive Statistics
Chapter 2: Probability
Chapter 3: Propagation of Error
Chapter 4: Commonly Used Distributions
Chapter 5: Confidence Intervals
Chapter 6: Hypothesis Testing
Chapter 7: Correlation and Simple Linear Regression
Chapter 8: Multiple Regression
Chapter 9: Factorial ExperimentsChapter 10: Statistical Quality Control
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources