School Finance: A Policy Perspective, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
School Finance: A Policy Perspective, prepares education leaders and school administrators to effectively use education dollars in a way that supports student learning and success. This essential text provides an evidence-based model for financing the resources, programs, and services needed in K-12 schools with an eye on the issues and challenges faced by those at the policy level in school districts and states. Readers can also access a web-based school finance simulation tool to generate reports about their school or district based on available staffing and resources data, analyze the nature of school finance problems, and simulate the effects of different school finance structures.
CHAPTER 1: Introduction and Overview To School Finance
CHAPTER 2: Legal Issues In School Finance
CHAPTER 3: A Framework For Assessing Equity and Adequacy In School Finance
CHAPTER 4: Adequate Staffing and Resources For America's Schools
CHAPTER 5: A Cohesive School Strategy For Improving Student Learning
CHAPTER 6: School Finance Structures: Formula Options
CHAPTER 7: State School Finance Reform
CHAPTER 8: School District Budgeting
CHAPTER 9: A Framework for More Effective Use of the Education Dollar
CHAPTER 10: Strategic Budgeting To Improve Student Learning
CHAPTER 11: District Resources
CHAPTER 12: The Public Finance Context
APPENDIX: USING THE SIMULATION
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.