Physics of Everyday Phenomena, 10th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The Physics of Everyday Phenomena introduces students to the basic concepts of physics, using examples of common occurrences in everyday life. Intended for use in a one-semester or two-semester course in conceptual physics, this book is written in a narrative style, frequently using questions designed to draw the reader into a dialogue about the ideas of physics. This inclusive style allows the book to be used by anyone interested in exploring the nature of physics and explanations of everyday physical phenomena.
3) Falling Objects and Projectile Motion
4) Newton's Laws: Explaining Motion
5) Circular Motion, the Planets, and Gravity
6) Energy and Oscillations
8) Rotational Motion of Solid Objects
9) The Behavior of Fluids
10) Temperature and Heat
11) Heat Engines and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
12) Electrostatic Phenomena
13) Electric Circuits
14) Magnets and Electromagnetism
15) Making Waves
16) Light Waves and Color
17) Light and Image Formation
18) The Structure of the Atom
19) The Nucleus and Nuclear Energy
21) Looking Deeper into Everyday Phenomena
Appendix A - Using Simple Algebra
Appendix B - Decimal Fractions, Percentages, and Scientific Notation
Appendix C - Vectors and Vector Addition
Appendix D - Answers to Selected Questions, Exercises, and Synthesis Problems
Appendix E - Conversion Factors and Periodic Table of Elements
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com