Personal Finance, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Personal Finance, 2e by Walker/Walker offers students an engaging treatment of personal finance, while incorporating unique themes, an application-driven pedagogy, and a definitive action plan. Unlike other texts on the market, it offers a frank and timely discussion of living within one’s means and incorporating personal values and priorities into a personal financial plan. The intent is to help readers set priorities that guide their finances, rather than the other way around. This book establishes a path toward financial freedom that is less about accumulating wealth and more about building a future tailored to individual goals. With Walker/Walker, your future looks bright!
Section One: MONEY $ MONEY $ MONEY $
Chapter 1 Money Matters: Values, Vision, Mission, and You
Chapter 2 Time Value of Money
Chapter 3 Planning and Budgeting
Chapter 4 Financial Instruments and Institutions
Section Two: CREDIT MANAGEMENT
Chapter 5 Consumer Credit: Credit Cards and Student Loans
Chapter 6 Credit Bureau Reports and Identity Theft
Chapter 7 Auto and Home Loans
Chapter 8 Debt, Foreclosure, and Bankruptcy
Section Three: LIMITING YOUR LIABILITY
Chapter 9 Tax Management
Chapter 10 Insurance: Covering Your Assets
Section Four: WEALTH ACCUMULATION
Chapter 11 Investment Basics
Chapter 12 Mutual Funds
Chapter 13 Stocks
Chapter 14 Bonds
Chapter 15 Real Estate Investments
Section Five: PERPETUAL PAYOFFS
Chapter 16 Retirement and Estate Planning
Chapter 17 Financial Planning for Life
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources