Macroeconomics, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Steve Slavin's lively and comprehensive Macroeconomics 12e has a student-friendly, step-by-step approach. Slavin introduces more math review than other products to help students get past math phobias through consistent practice. The content is set up as an interactive, in-text study guide. Students are encouraged to read actively, solve numerical problems, draw graphs, and do economic analysis as they read the text. Matched with the extensive learning tools available in Connect,including SmartBook, interactive graphs and videos, Slavin provides a complete learning environment for the introductory economics student.
Chapter 1: A Brief Economic History of the United States
Chapter 2 Resource Utilization
Chapter 3: The Mixed Economy
Chapter 4: Supply and Demand
Chapter 5: The Household-Consumption Sector
Chapter 6: The Business–Investment Sector
Chapter 7: The Government Sector
Chapter 8: The Export–Import Sector
Chapter 9: Gross Domestic Product
Chapter 10: Economic Fluctuations, Unemployment, andInflation
Chapter 11: Classical and Keynesian Economics
Chapter 12: Fiscal Policy and the National Debt
Chapter 13: Money and Banking
Chapter 14: The Federal Reserve and Monetary Policy
Chapter 15: A Century of Economic Theory
Chapter 16: Economic Growth and Productivity
Chapter 17: Income Distribution and Poverty
Chapter 18: International Trade
Chapter 19: International Finance
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources