Introduction to Data Analytics for Accounting, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The combination of computerization and automation of many accounting tasks as well as the explosion of available data is changing the accounting profession. To address this, accountants are increasingly required to have an analytics mindset to perform their jobs. Building upon the fundamentals of accounting learned in prior courses, Introduction to Data Analytics for Accounting explores accounting concepts through the application of data analytics. We recognize students need to not only develop the skills to ask the right questions, but to learn how to use tools they may encounter in the workplace such as Excel®, Tableau®, and PowerBI® to examine and analyze data, and then effectively interpret results to make business decisions. This analytics mindset is crucial early in the study of accounting to meet the demands of today's accounting jobs.
Chapter 1 Ask the Question: Using Data Analytics to Address Accounting Questions
Chapter 2 Master the Data: An Introduction to Accounting Data
Chapter 3 Master the Data: Data Types Used in Accounting
Chapter 4 Master the Data: Preparing Data for Analysis
Chapter 5 Perform the Analysis: Types of Data Analytics
Chapter 6 Perform the Analysis: Descriptive Analytics
Chapter 7 Perform the Analysis: Diagnostic Analytics
Chapter 8 Perform the Analysis: Predictive Analytics
Chapter 9 Perform the Analysis: Prescriptive Analytics
Chapter 10 Share the Story
Chapter 11 Capstone Projects Using the AMPS Model
Chapter 12 Financial Statement Analysis
Chapter 13 Managerial Accounting Analytics
Appendix A: Excel Tutorial
Appendix B: Tableau Tutorial
Appendix C: Power BI Tutorial
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources