Introduction to Chemical Processes: Principles, Analysis, Synthesis, 2nd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Introduction to Chemical Processes: Principles, Analysis, Synthesis is intended for use in an introductory, one-semester course for students in chemical engineering and related disciplines. This title strives to give students a flavor of how chemical processes convert raw materials to useful products and provides students with an appreciation for the ways in which chemical engineers make decisions and balance constraints to come up with new processes and products. The new edition of this title is available in Connect with SmartBook, including End of Chapter content. Instructor Resources include: Instructor Solutions Manual, Textbook Images, and Sample Syllabi.
2 Process Flows: Variables, Diagrams, Balances
3 Mathematical Analysis of Material Balance Equations and Process Flow Sheets
4 Synthesis and Analysis of Reactor Flow Sheets
5 Why Reactors Aren’t Perfect: Reaction Equilibrium and Reaction Kinetics
6 Selection of Separation Technologies and Synthesis of Separation Flow Sheets
7 Equilibrium-Based Separation Technologies
8 Process Energy Calculations and Synthesis of Safe and Efficient Energy Flow Sheets
9 A Process Energy Sampler
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org