Fundamentals of Electric Circuits, 7th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fundamentals of Electric Circuits continues in the spirit of its successful previous editions, with the objective of presenting circuit analysis in a manner that is clearer, more interesting, and easier to understand than other, more traditional texts. A balance of theory, worked & extended examples, practice problems, and real-world applications, combined with over 580 new or changed homework problems complete this edition. Robust media offerings renders this text to be the most comprehensive and student-friendly approach to linear circuit analysis. The seventh edition retains the "Design a Problem" feature which helps students develop their design skills by having the student develop the question, as well as the solution. There are over 100 "Design a Problem" exercises integrated into problem sets in the book. McGraw-Hill's Connect, is also available with Fundamentals of Electric Circuits. Connect provides an ebook experience for students and enables professors to assign and assess reading, homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work. Problems are randomized to prevent sharing of answers an may also have a "multi-step solution" which helps move the students' learning along if they experience difficulty.
Part One - DC Circuits
1) Basic Concepts
2) Basic Laws
3) Methods of Analysis
4) Circuit Theorems
5) Operational Amplifiers
6) Capacitors and Inductors
7) First-Order Circuits
8) Second-Order Circuits
Part Two - AC Circuits
9) Sinusoids and Phasors
10) Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis
11) AC Power Analysis
12) Three-Phase Circuits
13) Magnetically Coupled Circuits
14) Frequency Response
Part Three - Advanced Circuit Analysis
15) Introduction to the Laplace Transform
16) Applications of the Laplace Transform
17) The Fourier Series
18) Fourier Transform
19) Two-Port Networks
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org