Exploring Earth Science, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Exploring Earth Science, Third Edition, by Stephen Reynolds and Julia Johnson, is an innovative textbook intended for an introductory college geology course, such as earth science. This ground-breaking, visually spectacular book was designed following cognitive and educational research on how students think, learn, and study.
CHAPTER 2: MINERALS AND MINERAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 3: EARTH MATERIALS
CHAPTER 4: EARTH HISTORY
CHAPTER 5: PLATE TECTONICS
CHAPTER 6: VOLCANISM AND OTHER IGNEOUS PROCESSES
CHAPTER 7: DEFORMATION AND EARTHQUAKES
CHAPTER 8: MOUNTAINS, BASINS, AND CONTINENTAL MARGINS
CHAPTER 9: SCULPTING LANDSCAPES
CHAPTER 10: SOIL AND UNSTABLE SLOPES
CHAPTER 11: GLACIERS, COASTS, AND CHANGING SEA LEVELS
CHAPTER 12: STREAMS, LAKES, AND GROUNDWATER
CHAPTER 13: ATMOSPHERIC ENERGY AND MATTER
CHAPTER 14: ATMOSPHERIC MOTION
CHAPTER 15: ATMOSPHERIC MOISTURE
CHAPTER 16: WEATHER AND STORMS
CHAPTER 17: OCEANS AND THEIR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER EARTH SYSTEMS
CHAPTER 18: CLIMATES AROUND THE WORLD
CHAPTER 19: OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
CHAPTER 20: OUR UNIVERSE
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.