Engineering Fundamentals and Problem Solving, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Engineering Fundamentals and Problem Solving presents a complete introduction to the engineering field and remains the most comprehensive textbook for an introductory engineering course. This text helps students develop the skills needed to solve open-ended problems in SI and customary units while presenting solutions in a logical manner. Students are introduced to subject areas, common to engineering disciplines, that require the application of fundamental engineering concepts. This edition is available in Connect with SmartBook, and offers features such as video questions and the MHeBook.
2 Education for Engineering
3 Introduction to Engineering Design
4 Engineering Solutions
5 Representation of Technical Information
6 Engineering Measurements and Estimations
7 Dimensions, Units, and Conversions
8 Introduction to Engineering Economics
9 Economics: Decision Making
11 Inferential Statistics and Decision Making
12 Mechanics: Statics
13 Mechanics: Strength of Materials
14 Material Balance
15 Energy Sources and Alternatives
16 Fundamental Energy Principles
17 Electrical Theory
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources