Employment Law for Business, 10th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Bennett-Alexander and Hartman's Employment Law for Business addresses employment law and employment decisions from a managerial perspective. This textbook shows students how to manage effectively and efficiently, with full comprehension of the legal ramifications of their decisions. Students learn to analyze employment law facts using concrete examples of thorny management-related legal dilemmas. The authors illustrate the various methods that can be used to reach a resolution, so that students understand how to make their own business decisions based on legal considerations.
PART ONE: The Regulation of the Employment Relationship
Chapter 1: The Regulation of Employment
Chapter 2: The Employment Law Toolkit: Resources for Understanding the Law and Recurring Legal Concepts
Chapter 3: Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Chapter 4: Legal Construction of the Employment Environment
PART TWO: Regulation of Discrimination in Employment
Chapter 5: Affirmative Action
Chapter 6: Race and Color Discrimination
Chapter 7: National Origin Discrimination
Chapter 8: Gender Discrimination
Chapter 9: Sexual Harassment
Chapter 10: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination
Chapter 11: Religious Discrimination
Chapter 12: Age Discrimination
Chapter 13: Disability Discrimination
PART THREE: Regulation of the Employment Environment
Chapter 14: The Employee’s Right to Privacy and Management of Personal Information
Chapter 15: Labor Law
Chapter 16: Selected Employment Benefits and Protections
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources