Design of Machinery, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Robert L. Norton's sixth edition of DESIGN OF MACHINERY continues the tradition of this best-selling book through its balanced coverage of analysis and design and outstanding use of realistic engineering examples. Through its reader-friendly style of writing, clear exposition of complex topics, and emphasis on synthesis and design, the text succeeds in conveying the art of design as well as the use of modern tools needed for analysis of the kinematics and dynamics of machinery. Topics are explained verbally and visually, often through the use of software, to enhance student understanding. Accompanying the book is an updated online learning center.
Part I Kinematics of Mechanisms
2 Kinematics Fundamentals
3 Graphical Linkage Synthesis
4 Position Analysis
5 Analytical Linkage Synthesis
6 Velocity Analysis
7 Acceleration Analysis
8 Cam Design
9 Gear Trains
Part II Dynamics of Machinery
10 Dynamics Fundamentals
11 Dynamic Force Analysis
13 Engine Dynamics
14 Multicylinder Engines
15 Cam Dynamics
16 Cam-and Servo-Driven Mechanisms
Appendix A Computer Programs
Appendix B Material Properties
Appendix C Geometric Properties
Appendix D Spring Data
Appendix E Coupler Curve Atlases
Appendix F Answers to Selected Problems
Appendix G Equations for Under-or Overbalanced Multicylinder Engines
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.