Computing Essentials 2023, 29th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The rate of change in the digital information age is clearly increasing, and computer literacy is becoming a prerequisite. The goal of the 29th edition of Computing Essentials is to provide students with an introductory understanding of the concepts necessary for success and to instill an appreciation for the effect of information technology on people, privacy, ethics, and our environment. Today's students put much effort toward the things that are relevant to them, yet it is sometimes difficult to engage them in other equally important topics like personal privacy and technological advances. The text is available with Connect, McGraw Hill’s course management and adaptive learning system, helping millions of students reach their potential every year. The new 29th edition adds a focus on practical advice for efficient smartphone use, and every chapter’s Making IT Work for You, Privacy, Ethics, Environment and Look to the Future features have been revised or replaced.
Chapter 2: The Internet, the Web, and Electronic Commerce
Chapter 3: Application Software
Chapter 4: System Software
Chapter 5: The System Unit
Chapter 6: Input and Output
Chapter 7: Secondary Storage
Chapter 8: Communications and Networks
Chapter 9: Privacy, Security, and Ethics
Chapter 10: Information Systems
Chapter 11: Databases
Chapter 12: Systems Analysis and Design
Chapter 13: Programming and Languages
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources