Human Biology, 17th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Mader’s Human Biology introduces the main themes of biology through the lens of the human body. Students improve their scientific literacy while establishing a foundation of knowledge in human biology and physiology. The text integrates tested, traditional content with a modern suite of digital tools.
Unit 1 Human Organization
2. Chemistry of Life
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Organization and Regulation of Body Systems
Unit 2 Maintenance of the Human Body
5. Cardiovascular System: Heart and Blood Vessels
6. Cardiovascular System: Blood
7. The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
8. Biology of Infectious Diseases
9. Digestive System and Nutrition
10. Respiratory System
11. Urinary System
Unit 3 Movement and Support in Humans
12. Skeletal System
13. Muscular System
Unit 4 Integration and Coordination in Humans
14. Nervous System
16. Endocrine System
Unit 5 Reproduction in Humans
17. Reproductive System
18. Development and Aging
Unit 6 Human Genetics
19. Patterns of Chromosome Inheritance
21. Genetic Inheritance
22. DNA Biology and Technology
Unit 7 Human Evolution and Ecology
23. Human Evolution
24. Ecology and the Nature of Ecosystems
25. Human Interactions with the Biosphere
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.