Literacy Programs for Texas
K–5 Literacy Programs for Texas
Primary literacy programs that support TEKS success
From learning to read to reading to learn, primary literacy is essential to academic success. McGraw Hill offers a variety of literacy and language arts solutions to support a full spectrum of learners in a variety of different classrooms. By allowing you to choose what works best in your classroom or framework, we can fully support you in your goals while preparing students for rigorous TEKS standards.
Overview of Texas StudySync
Bring literature to life
Texas StudySync® is designed to help students and teachers meet the challenges of the latest TEKS and ELPS through a rigorous, collaborative, and student-centered curriculum.
Texas StudySync Resources
Texas StudySync 6–12 Components & Bundles
- Texas Teacher Online 8-year Subscription
- Texas Teacher Edition Set
- Texas Test Prep and Practice Teacher Guide
- Texas User's Guide
- Texas Unit Poster Set
- Placement, diagnostic, and end-of-unit assessments
- Foundational skills
- Grammar, language, and composition guide (teacher and student)
- Full Google Classroom integration
- Screener powered by Acuity
- Vocabulary workbook
- Spelling workbook
- Student and teacher glossary
- Newcomer EL support
AP Literacy Programs for Texas
AP Language & Composition
Fully updated for 100 percent alignment to the new framework, Language and Composition: The Art of Voice is a blended reader/rhetoric text that spans a myriad of ages, cultures, and disciplines while building a solid foundation for students as they learn to approach, analyze, and respond to a variety of selections.
Public Speaking I, II, III
The Art of Public Speaking, the most widely used textbook on its subject in the world, offers a clear, authoritative, and time-tested approach that speaks personably to students as they become capable, responsible speakers, listeners, and thinkers.
College Readiness and Study Skills
Common Places: Integrated Reading and Writing, 2e
by Lisa Hoeffner and Kent Hoeffner
- Helps students read from a writer's viewpoint and write with a reader in mind.
- Engages students in real-world, college-level projects.
- Provides a cohesive instructional framework to accelerate college readiness through author-created resources.
Practical Writing Skills
College Writing Skills with Readings, 10e
by John Langan and Zoe Albright
- Helps students develop essay-level skills using John Langan’s tried-and-true test approach.
- Supports reading comprehension with a large built-in reader.
- Emphasizes personal learning, academic learning, and workplace preparation.
Experience Communication, 2e
By Jeffrey Child and Judy Pearson and Paul Nelson
- Teaches the fundamentals of successful communication in a digital and global environment.
- Motivates students to confidently use digital tools and social media to represent themselves effectively in person and online.
- Reflects how pervasive the mediated aspect of communication impacts our lives.