Reading for Information, SRA
SRA's Reading for Information is a supplemental reading program designed for students in Grades 2-6. The program teaches strategies and comprehension skills through Science and Social Studies content to help students understand informational text.
The 3 key elements are taught throughout the text:
- Vocabulary - Core content vocabulary at every level highlighted in every reader!
- Features - Comprehension help through bulleted lists, headings, maps, charts, and graphs.
- Structures - Teach use of text structures such as cause and effect, problem/solution, compare/contrast, and description.
About the Program
These grade levels are important for children. It is during this time that they are first exposed to informational reading. Up until this point, they have learned to read, in most cases, only through exposure to narrative text. Reading for Information presents a needed transition between the two types of texts.
SRA's Reading for Information is a flexible program designed for you!
- Science and social studies content presented in a format students will see on state tests
- Leveled Student Readers to differentiate instruction
- Provides English Language Learner (ELL) support
Each incorporate the 3 key elements throughout the text including vocabulary, features, and structures. To help differentiate instruction, the Readers are leveled:
- Approaching Level
- On Level
- Above Level
Interactive Skills Handbook
- Consumable resource book in a Practice It, Apply It, Learn It, Try It format thoroughly prepares students to increase their confidence.
- Flexibility for your classroom setting with one Unit per week
- Focus, Teach, Review and Assess instructional design
- Includes Activity Masters (Blackline Masters) with answers
Interactive Skills Handbook TAE
- Provides easy to find answers to the student Interactive Skills Handbook
ExamView Assessment CD-ROM
- Generate tests in the form you want
- Time saving pre-made Unit tests
- Easily create word-search, crossword, or jumble puzzles
- Reinforce all the content vocabulary terms in a fun way
Reading for Information, Above Student Reader, Earth - Earth's Changing Surface, Grade 4
Reading for Information, Above Student Reader, Earth - Facts About Soil, Grade 2
Reading for Information, Above Student Reader, Geography - Different Climates, Grade 3
Reading for Information, Above Student Reader, History - Sally Ride, Grade 2
Reading for Information, Above Student Reader, History - Westward Expansion, Grade 4
Reading for Information, Approaching Student Reader, Civics - We Need Rules and Laws, Grade 2
Reading for Information, Approaching Student Reader, Geography - U.S. Landforms, Grade 3
Reading for Information, Approaching Student Reader, Geography - Where We Live, Grade 2
Reading for Information, Interactive Skills Handbook, Grade 2
Reading for Information, Interactive Skills Handbook, Grade 3
Reading for Information, Interactive Skills Handbook, Grade 4
Reading for Information, On Level Student Reader, Geography - Deserts and Coasts, Grade 3
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.
Additional Details & Resources
Sample Lessons - Student and Teacher Materials
- Research Base for Reading for Information
This research report discusses the reasons why elementary students struggle when switching from reading narrative to expository texts. It also discusses research based strategies that help students to comprehend expository texts.
- Helping Elementary Students Read for Information
This report discusses the research based comprehension strategies contained in Reading for Information that help students to comprehend expository texts.