Muller, Language & Composition: The Art of Voice (c) 2019, 2e
Grades: 9 - 12
Fully updated for 100% alignment to the new Framework. Language and Composition: The Art of Voice is a blended reader/ rhetoric that span myriad ages, cultures, and disciplines while building a solid foundation for students as they learn to approach, analyze, and respond to a variety of selections. The text, paired with the digital resources in the AP advantage, delivers accessible and adaptive support to help student prepare for the course, keep pace with the course, and pass the exam.
• The five-part organization scaffolds instruction from skills and process, to critical reading, thinking, and writing, and onto AP-level application and mastery.
• Expanded coverage on rhetorical analysis and devices creates a solid framework.
• Synthesizing Sources On feature is refreshed with new, contemporary themes.
• Increased support for argument includes a focus on core skills.
• New student examples of AP Synthesis, Rhetorical Analysis, and Argument essays provide meaningful models.
• Enhanced visual rhetoric coverage helps students to effectively read and respond to images as texts.
• Powerful, personalized digital resources with the AP advantage plus Composition Essentials 3.0.
Close Reading and Writing Skills
- CHAPTER 1 Active Reading and Response to Texts
- CHAPTER 2 The Writing Process
- CHAPTER 3 Argumentation and Synthesis
Issues Across the Disciplines
- CHAPTER 4 Education and Society: How, What, and Why Do We Learn?
- CHAPTER 5 Family Life: How Do We Become Who We Are?
- CHAPTER 6 History, Culture, and Civilization: Are We Citizens of the World?
- CHAPTER 7 Business and Economics: How Do We Earn Our Keep?
- CHAPTER 8 Media and Pop Culture: What Is the Message?
- CHAPTER 9 Literature and the Arts: Why Do They Matter?
- CHAPTER 10 Nature and the Environment: How Do We Relate to the Natural World?
- CHAPTER 11 Favorite Essays
- CHAPTER 12 Sample Student Essays
- CHAPTER 13 Writing a Research Paper
AP Language and Composition Practice Exam
Glossary of Rhetorical Terms