Human Genetics: Concepts and Applications (Lewis) (c)2021 13e
Grades: 9 - 12
Explore the science of Human Genetics with this vivid narrative that illuminates the principles and concepts, cases, historical asides, and descriptions of new technologies that propel the clear explanations of concepts and mechanisms of medical science.
• Learning outcomes in each chapter that guide students through content mastery.
• The Big Picture which encapsulates the overall theme of each chapter.
• Captivating photography and vibrant, dimensional illustrations.
• Powerful digital resources [hyperlink to: https://www.mheducation.com/prek-12/explore/advanced-placement/digital-experience.html] including videos, animations, simulations that enhance the teaching and learning experience both inside and outside of the classroom plus personalized, adaptive learning tailored to each student’s individual needs with SmartBook®.
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 1 The Information in a Human Genome
- CHAPTER 2 Cells
- CHAPTER 3 Meiosis, Development, and Aging
PART TWO: TRANSMISSION GENETICS
- CHAPTER 4 Single-Gene Inheritance
- CHAPTER 5 Beyond Mandel's Laws
- CHAPTER 6 Matters of Sex
- CHAPTER 7 Complex Traits
- CHAPTER 8 Genetics of Behavior
PART THREE: DNA AND CHROMOSOMES
- CHAPTER 9 DNA Structure and Replication
- CHAPTER 10 Gene Action: From DNA to Protein
- CHAPTER 11 Gene Expression and Epigenetics
- CHAPTER 12 Gene Mutation
- CHAPTER 13 Chromosomes
PART FOUR: POPULATION GENETICS
- CHAPTER 14 Genomes
- CHAPTER 15 Constant Allele Frequencies
- CHAPTER 16 Allele Frequencies
PART FIVE: IMMUNITY AND CANCER
- CHAPTER 17 Human Ancestry and Evolution
- CHAPTER 18 The Genetics of Identity
PART SIX: DNA TECHNOLOGY
- CHAPTER 19 Genetics of Immunity
- CHAPTER 20 Cancer Genetics and Genomics
- CHAPTER 21 Genetic Testing and Treatment
- CHAPTER 22 Reproductive Technologies