Geography: The Human and Physical World © 2018
Grades: 9 - 12
Geography: The Human and Physical World helps students make connections between geography, people, and the world in which we live, and will explore issues relating to human geography. It’s a part of McGraw-Hill Networks™, a dynamic student-centered program that helps teachers prepare students to be successful in college, careers, and civic life.
Geography: The Human and Physical World
- Covers the geography of the world with an emphasis on human geography.
- Explore issues relating to human geography such as labor migration, energy resources and indigenous rights, and the socioeconomic status of women.
- Developed with an emphasis on cultivating strong reading and writing skills, as well as building critical thinking and analysis skills through a variety of activities such as Why Geography Matters, Global Connections, Case Studies, Geo @ Work, Explore the Region.
- Visuals, maps, videos, and animations throughout to engage students and bring the content to life.
Digital Student Learning Center:
Includes the full student edition plus engaging resources that provide context and bring the narrative to life such as maps, timelines, infographics, images, and videos. Includes audio, annotation tools, and approaching level option for the student text. Reading and writing support such as guided notes, vocabulary pop-ups, and graphic organizers help improve understanding of the content. Cumulative Hands-On Chapter Projects and additional Technology Extension activity provide authentic performance assessment. LearnSmart® with SmartBook® adaptive ebook helps students learn faster, study more efficiently, and retain more knowledge.
The print Teacher Wraparound Edition is built on the principles of Understanding by Design®. It includes the entire student text along with a variety of planning and instructional support for the print and digital resources. Differentiation strategies as well as project-based learning materials are included.
Chapter Tests and Lesson Quizzes:
Printed blackline master booklet of Lesson Quizzes and Chapter Tests includes all the editable tests available online. Use it to preview online test questions or print for paper and pencil tests. Chapter tests include traditional and document-based question tests.
Digital Teacher Lesson Center:
Easily access all teaching resources and classroom management tools for the curriculum.
- Differentiate with Spanish language resources, and strategies for approaching level, beyond level, and ELL students.
- Access and customize online lesson plans and explore the library of resources.
- Create assignments for whole class or individual students. Includes pre-built and customizable tests and quizzes, with a variety of question types to provide critical practice for high-stakes assessments.
Online SyncBlasts permit teachers to leverage rich, multi-media reading and writing assignments focused on social studies and current event articles. These help to engage students and cultivate reading, writing, and critical-thinking skills in a unique, and ever-growing platform. New Blasts are being added regularly; Spanish language Blasts are also included.