The Art of Public Speaking (Lucas), 12th edition 2015
About the Program
Using the full suite of Connect® resources, students learn to internalize the principles of public speaking, build confidence through speech practice, and prepare for success in the classroom and beyond. The Connect® suite includes:
- New Enhanced Speech Capture: Instructors now have the ability to evaluate live speeches using a customizable rubric.
- Instructors may upload speech videos on students' behalf to create and manage true peer review assignments.
- Ground-breaking adaptive learning system that helps students "know what they know," while guiding them to experience and learn important concepts that they need to know to succeed.
- SmartBook™ is the first and only adaptive reading and study experience designed to change the way students read and master key course concepts.
Lucas, The Art of Public Speaking, 2015, 12e, Connect Plus, 1-year subscription
Lucas, The Art of Public Speaking, 2015, 12e, ConnectED eBook, 1-year subscription
Lucas, The Art of Public Speaking, 2015, 12e, ConnectED eBook, 6-year subscription
Lucas, The Art of Public Speaking, 2015, 12e, Standard Student Bundle, 1-year subscription
Lucas, The Art of Public Speaking, 2015, 12e, Student Bundle (Student Edition with ConnectED eBook) 1-year subscription
Additional Details & Resources
- CHAPTER 1 Speaking in Public
- CHAPTER 2 Ethics and Public Speaking
- CHAPTER 3 Listening
- CHAPTER 4 Giving Your First Speech
- CHAPTER 5 Selecting a Topic and a Purpose
- CHAPTER 6 Analyzing the Audience
- CHAPTER 7 Gathering Materials
- CHAPTER 8 Supporting your Ideas
- CHAPTER 9 Organizing the Body of the Speech
- CHAPTER 10 Beginning and Ending the Speech
- CHAPTER 11 Outlining the Speech
- CHAPTER 12 Using Language
- CHAPTER 13 Delivery
- CHAPTER 14 Using Visual Aids
- CHAPTER 15 Speaking to Inform
- CHAPTER 16 Speaking to Persuade
- CHAPTER 17 Methods of Persuasion
- CHAPTER 18 Speaking on Special Occasions
- CHAPTER 19 Speaking in Small Groups
- APPENDIX Speeches for Analysis and Discussion