Differentiated Instruction in Mathematics
About the Program
During this course, participants learn about differentiated instruction and its importance to student learning. They watch video commentary by Nancy Frey, Ph.D., who discusses various aspects of differentiation, and excerpts from several classroom lessons in which teachers use differentiated instructional strategies. They also complete several online activities and develop a standards-based lesson plan that integrates differentiated instruction strategies into a mathematics lesson of their choice.
- Develop an understanding of why differentiated instruction is a key component of effective mathematics teaching.
- Identify ways to implement differentiated instruction in the mathematics classroom.
- Create a lesson plan that incorporates differentiated instruction.
- Explore classroom resources and professional development opportunities.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Building Administrators, Coaches, and Teachers
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 3 to 5 hours
Nancy Frey, Ph.D., is a Professor of Literacy in the School of Teacher Education at San Diego State University. She is a recipient of the Christa McAuliffe award for excellence in teacher education from the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. She has co-authored several books on literacy, and was a co-recipient (with Doug Fisher) of NCTE’s 2004 Kate and Paul Farmer award for outstanding writing for their article, “Using Graphic Novels, Anime, and the Internet in an Urban High School,” published in The English Journal. In 2008, she received the Early Career Achievement Award from the National Reading Conference. She is a board member of the California Reading Association and teaches a variety of courses in elementary and secondary literacy in content area instruction and supporting students with diverse learning needs.
To learn about the specific purchase options for this program, please contact our Customer Service team at 800-338-3987
- We have stopped printing many old products, but we might have some stock in our warehouse.
- Select legacy products are available on Create® EasyOrder.