Your Health Today: Choices in a Changing Society, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Your Health Today teaches personal health from a perspective of social responsibility. While each of us has a unique set of individual characteristics that shape our health, environmental factors have an impact on our well-being, too. Your Health Today incorporates the individual, interpersonal, and broader social factors that affect our health, acting as a guide for healthy living in college and beyond. The student-focused features in the eighth edition of Your Health Today highlight current topics, illustrate concepts with new photos and graphs, and invite dialogue among personal health students. These features serve as entry points to classroom discussion, critical thought, and practical application of health concepts to students' lives. Many also have accompanying assignable online activities within McGraw Hill Connect®.
CHAPTER 2 Mental Health and Stress
CHAPTER 3 Social Connections
CHAPTER 4 Sleep
CHAPTER 5 Nutrition
CHAPTER 6 Fitness
CHAPTER 7 Body Weight and Body Composition
CHAPTER 8 Body Image
CHAPTER 9 Alcohol and Tobacco
CHAPTER 10 Drugs
CHAPTER 11 Sexual Health
CHAPTER 12 Reproductive Choices
CHAPTER 13 Infectious Diseases
CHAPTER 14 Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Chronic Lung Diseases, and Dementia
CHAPTER 15 Cancer
CHAPTER 16 Injury and Violence
SUPPLEMENTAL E-BOOK CHAPTERS
CHAPTER 17 Complementary and Integrative Medicine
CHAPTER 18 Environmental Issues
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at email@example.com