Wardlaw's Perspectives in Nutrition, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Wardlaw’s Perspectives in Nutrition has the richly deserved reputation of providing an accurate, current, in-depth, and thoughtful introduction to the dynamic field of nutrition. The authors have endeavored to build upon this tradition of excellence by enriching this edition for both students and instructors. Their passion for nutrition, genuine desire to promote student learning, and their commitment to scientific accuracy, coupled with constructive comments from instructors and students, guided them in this revision.
Chapter: 1 The Science of Nutrition
Chapter: 2 Tools of a Healthy Diet
Chapter: 3 The Food Supply
Chapter: 4 Human Digestion and Absorption
Part 2 Energy-Yielding Nutrients and Alcohol
Chapter: 5 Carbohydrates
Chapter: 6 Lipids
Chapter: 7 Protein
Chapter: 8 Alcohol
Part 3 Metabolism and Energy Balance
Chapter: 9 Energy Metabolism
Chapter: 10 Energy Balance, Weight Control, and Eating Disorders
Chapter: 11 Nutrition, Exercise, and Sports
Part 4 Vitamins and Minerals
Chapter: 12 The Fat-Soluble Vitamins
Chapter: 13 The Water-Soluble Vitamins
Chapter: 14 Water and Major Minerals
Chapter: 15 Trace Minerals
Part 5 Nutrition Applications in the Life Cycle
Chapter: 16 Nutritional Aspects of Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Chapter: 17 Nutrition during the Growing Years
Chapter: 18 Nutrition during the Adult Years
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.