Modern Competitive Strategy, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Modern Competitive Strategy, 4e focuses on what makes firms successful over time, ultimately within industries that are global in scope. It is meant to be comprehensive yet succinct, discipline-based yet practical, highly general yet applicable to currently emerging industries - all of this, we hope, without sacrificing quality of content or style. It is intended to be appropriate for teaching at all levels—undergraduate, MBA, and EMBA - and to be understandable to students both with and without business experience. To this end, it serves as a relatively complete introduction to strategy as an academic and practical discipline. Furthermore, it is flexible in its fit to course length - module, quarter, or semester.
Chapter 1: What Is Strategy?
BUILDING COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Chapter 2: Competitive Advantage
Chapter 3: Industry Analysis
Chapter 4: Strategy Over Time: Growth and Innovation
STRATEGY EXECUTION AND STRATEGIC PLANNING
Chapter 5: Strategy Execution
Chapter 6: Partnering
Chapter 7: Vertical Integration and Outsourcing
Chapter 8: Partnering
EXPANDING THE SCOPE OF THE FIRM
Chapter 9: Global Strategy
Chapter 10: New Business Development
Chapter 11: Managing the Multibusiness Firm
GOVERNING THE FIRM
Chapter 12: Corporate Governance
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources