Managing Human Resources, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Managing Human Resources 12e is for the general management student whose job inevitably will involve responsibility for managing people. It explicitly links the relationship between productivity, quality of work life, and profits to various human resource management activities and as such, strengthens the students' perception of human resource management as an important function, which affects individuals, organizations, and society. It is research-based and contains strong links to the applicability of this research to real business situations.
PART ONE: ENVIRONMENT
CHAPTER 1: Human Resources in a Globally Competitive Business Environment
CHAPTER 2: HR Technology
CHAPTER 3: Talent Analytics: The Financial Impact of HR Activities
CHAPTER 4: The Legal Context of Employment Decisions
PART TWO: EMPLOYMENT
CHAPTER 5: Diversity at Work
CHAPTER 6: Planning for People
CHAPTER 7: Recruiting
CHAPTER 8: Staffing
PART THREE: DEVELOPMENT
CHAPTER 9: Training and On-Boarding
CHAPTER 10: Performance Management cio
PART FOUR: COMPENSATION
CHAPTER 11: Pay and Incentive Systems
CHAPTER 12: Indirect Compensation: Employee Benefit Plans
PART FIVE: LABOR-MANAGEMENT ACCOMMODATION
CHAPTER 13: Union Representation and Collective Bargaining
CHAPTER 14: Procedural Justice and Ethics in Employee Relations
PART SIX: SUPPORT AND INTERNATIONAL IMPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 15: Safety, Health, and Employee Assistance Programs
CHAPTER 16: International Dimensions of Human Resource Management
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources