Macroeconomics, 3rd Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Improve YOUR world. Dean Karlan and Jonathan Morduch’s Macroeconomics 3e is built around the central concept that economics is a powerful and positive tool that students can use right now to improve their world. Macroeconomics uses examples and issues that resonate with students’ experience to draw them in and frame ideas to help develop their economic intuition.
- Using a balanced approach, students are able to sharpen their own understanding of topics by focusing on the data and evidence behind the effects they see. Students are equipped to understand and respond to real-life situations thought their new economic lens and challenged to decided how they will improve their world.
-The third edition delivers core economic concepts along with exciting new ideas in economic though and strives to keep students engaged by confronting issues that are important in the world.
- This text combines a familiar curriculum with material from new research and applied areas such as finance, behavioral economics, and the political economy. Students and faculty will find content that breaks down barriers between what takes place in the classroom and what happens in our nation and our world, with applications that are driven by empirical evidence, data, and research.
- Karlan and Morduch show students that economics is a tool to improve one's own life and promote better public and business policies in the world. At the same time, this third edition challenges students to reach their own conclusions about how they will improve their world.
Chapter 1: Economicsand Life
Chapter 2: Specializationand Exchange
Chapter 3: Markets
Chapter 4: Elasticity
Chapter 5: Efficiency
Chapter 6: GovernmentIntervention
Chapter 7: MeasuringGDP
Chapter 8: TheCost of Living
Chapter 9: Unemploymentand the Labor Market
Chapter 10: EconomicGrowth
Chapter 11: AggregateExpenditures
Chapter 12: AggregateDemand and Aggregate Supply
Chapter 13: FiscalPolicy
Chapter 14: TheBasics of Finance
Chapter 15: Moneyand the Monetary System
Chapter 16: Inflation
Chapter 17: FinancialCrisis
Chapter 18: Open-MarketMacroeconomics
Chapter 19: DevelopmentEconomics
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.