Introduction to Flight, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Anderson's Introduction to Flight is designed for first or second-year engineering students and any reader looking for an introduction to aerospace engineering. It is written in an intentionally easy-to-understand style. Readers are introduced to the basic areas of aerodynamics, flight dynamics, propulsion, and space flight (astronautics). In this edition, space flight content covers the expanding role of space vehicles within the field of aerospace engineering. Continuing the tradition of the previous edition, the 9th Edition is intended not only to educate but also to motivate the reader to pursue the subject of aerospace engineering. In addition, new sections continue the unique tradition of including historical content discussing the origins of the technology. If you want to understand the engineering behind how airplanes fly, how spacecrafts are launched into space, and how they are able to follow the right path to their destination, this book is for you.
3) The Standard Atmosphere
4) Basic Aerodynamics
5) Airfoils, Wings, and Other Aerodynamics Shapes
6) Elements of Airplane Performance
7) Principles of Stability and Control
8) Space Flight (Astronautics)
10) Hypersonic Vehicles
Appendix A - Standard Atmosphere, SI Units
Appendix B - Standard Atmosphere, English Engineering Units
Appendix C - Symbols and Conversion Factors
Appendix D - Airfoil Data
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources