Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics presents comprehensive coverage of thermodynamics from a chemical engineering viewpoint. The text provides a thorough exposition of the principles of thermodynamics and details their application to chemical processes. The chapters are written in a clear, logically organized manner, and contain an abundance of realistic problems, examples, and illustrations to help students understand complex concepts. This text is structured to alternate between the development of thermodynamic principles and the correlation and use of thermodynamic properties as well as between theory and applications. To enhance student reading, the ninth edition now includes SmartBook® 2.0. SmartBook 2.0—Our adaptive reading experience has been made more personal, accessible, productive, and mobile.
3) Volumetric Properties of Pure Fluids
4) Heat Effects
5) The Second Law of Thermodynamics
6) Thermodynamic Properties of Fluids
7) Applications of Thermodynamics to Flow Processes
8) Production of Power from Heat
9) Refrigeration and Liquefaction
10) The Framework of Solution Thermodynamics
11) Mixing Processes
12) Phase Equilibrium: Introduction
13) Thermodynamic Formulations for Vapor/Liquid Equilibrium
14) Chemical-Reaction Equilibria
15) Topics in Phase Equilibria
16) Thermodynamic Analysis of Processes
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources