Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences, 6th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Fundamentals of Thermal-Fluid Sciences, Sixth Edition, is an abbreviated version of standard thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer texts, covering topics that the majority of engineering students will need in their professional lives. The text is well-suited for curriculums that have a common introductory course or a two-course sequence on thermal-fluid sciences. The book addresses tomorrow's engineers in a simple, yet precise manner, and it leads students toward a clear understanding and firm grasp of the basic principles of thermal-fluid sciences. Special effort has been made to appeal to readers' natural curiosity and to help students explore the various facets of the exciting subject area of thermal-fluid sciences. To enhance student reading, the sixth edition now includes SmartBook® 2.0. SmartBook 2.0—Our adaptive reading experience has been made more personal, accessible, productive, and mobile.
3) Energy, Energy Transfer, and General Energy Analysis
4) Properties of Pure Substances
5) Energy Analysis of Closed Systems
6) Mass and Energy Analysis of Control Volumes
7) The Second Law of Thermodynamics
9) Power and Refrigeration Cycles
10) Introduction and Properties of Fluids
11) Fluid Statics
12) Bernoulli and Energy Equations
13) Momentum Analysis of Flow Systems
14) Internal Flow
15) External Flow: Drag and Lift
16) Mechanisms of Heat Transfer
17) Steady Heat Conduction
18) Transient Heat Conduction
19) Forced Convection
20) Natural Convection
21) Radiation Heat Transfer
22) Heat Exchangers
Appendix 1 - Property Tables and Charts (SI UNITS)
Appendix 2 - Property Tables and Charts (ENGLISH UNITS)
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org