Applied Numerical Methods with Python for Engineers and Scientists, 1st Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Applied Numerical Methods with Python, 1st Edition is written for students who want to learn and apply numerical methods in order to solve problems in engineering and science. As such, the methods are motivated by problems rather than by mathematics. That said, sufficient theory is provided so that students come away with insight into the techniques and their shortcomings. If you’ve ever used Applied Numerical Methods for MATLAB, you’ll find transitioning to this Python program seamless! No prior experience with Python is required. McGraw Hill Connect, is available with this title. In addition to providing the MHeBook, Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, how they need it, so that class time is more effective. Connect enables professors to assign homework, quizzes, and tests easily and automatically grades and records the scores of the student's work.
2 Python Fundamentals
3 Programming in Python
4 Roundoff and Truncation Errors
5 Roots: Bracketing Methods
6 Roots: Open Methods
8 Linear Algebraic Equations and Matrices
9 Gauss Elimination
10 LU Factorization
11 Matrix Inverse and Condition
12 Iterative Methods
14 Straight-Line Linear Regression
15 General Linear and Nonlinear Regression
16 Fourier Analysis
17 Polynomial Interpolation
18 Splines and Piecewise Interpolation
19 Numerical Integration Formulas
20 Numerical Integration of Functions
21 Numerical Differentiation
22 Initial-Value Problems
23 Adaptive Methods and Stiff Systems
24 Boundary-Value Problems
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources