Experiencing the World's Religions, 8th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Experiencing the World’s Religions, 8e helps students understand the practices and beliefs of all the major religions at a time when the world is rife with sectarian conflicts and statistics show that Americans are seeking spiritual experience more than ever. By beginning each chapter with personal encounters with people of diverse faiths in his extensive travels, experienced religious scholar Michael Molloy brings alive how religions shape both individuals and whole cultures. In vivid illustrations, the vast majority of which have been replaced for this new edition, Molloy also delves into the art and architecture and celebrations and rituals of the major religions, which enhances students’ visual learning. This text is written in an exciting and thought-provoking style, like those of the best travel writers, so that students feel as if they are experiencing the world’s religions firsthand.
CHAPTER 1: Understanding Religion
CHAPTER 2: Indigenous Religions
CHAPTER 3: Hinduism
CHAPTER 4: Buddhism
CHAPTER 5: Jainism and Sikhism
CHAPTER 6: Daoism and Confucianism
CHAPTER 7: Shinto
CHAPTER 8: Judaism
CHAPTER 9: Christianity
CHAPTER 10: Islam
CHAPTER 11: Alternative Paths
CHAPTER 12: The Modern Search
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.