General, Organic, and Biochemistry, 11th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
The eleventh edition of General, Organic, and Biochemistry offers a problem-solving approach and is designed to help undergraduate majors in health-related fields understand key concepts and appreciate significant connections among chemistry, health, and the treatment of disease. This new edition is available in ALEKS, featuring:
• ALEKS Topics to assign as pre-requisite assignments to boost student confidence and help those lacking math skills.
• End-of-Chapter Questions aligned to the text for homework, test, and quiz assignments.
• Virtual Labs to be used as pre-lab prep assignments, or lab replacement.
• Video Assignments that break down key concepts and show step-by-step solutions.
• The ALEKS Drawing Tool, an easy-to-learn tool that mirrors the drawing action of pencil & paper and supports Fischer and Haworth Projections.
2 The Structure of the Atom and the Periodic Table
3 Structure and Properties of Ionic and Covalent Compounds
4 Calculations and the Chemical Equation
5 States of Matter: Gases, Liquids, and Solids
7 Energy, Rate, and Equilibrium
8 Acids and Bases and Oxidation-Reduction
9 The Nucleus, Radioactivity, and Nuclear Medicine
10 An Introduction to Organic Chemistry: The Saturated Hydrocarbons
11 The Unsaturated Hydrocarbons: Alkenes, Alkynes, and Aromatics
12 Alcohols, Phenols, Thiols, and Ethers
13 Aldehydes and Ketones
14 Carboxylic Acids and Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
15 Amines and Amides
17 Lipids and Their Functions in Biochemical Systems
18 Protein Structure and Function
20 Introduction to Molecular Genetics
21 Carbohydrate Metabolism
22 Aerobic Respiration and Energy Production
23 Fatty Acid Metabolism
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.