Focus on Personal Finance7th Edition
• This text will get your students thinking about their current situation and financial goals and encourage them to put these in writing to use as a guide and revise throughout their lives.
• The ultimate goal is to get students to have a basic understanding of financial issues.
CHAPTER 1: APPENDIX Time Value of Money
CHAPTER 2: Money Management Skills
CHAPTER 2: APPENDIX Developing a Career Strategy
CHAPTER 3: Taxes in Your Financial Plan
CHAPTER 4: Financial Services: Savings Plans and Payment Accounts
CHAPTER 5: Consumer Credit: Advantages, Disadvantages, Sources, and Costs
CHAPTER 5: APPENDIX Education Financing, Loans, and Scholarships
CHAPTER 6: Consumer Purchasing and Wise Buying Strategies
CHAPTER 6: APPENDIX Consumer Agencies and Organizations
CHAPTER 7: Selecting and Financing Housing
CHAPTER 8: Home and Automobile Insurance
CHAPTER 9: Health and Disability Income Insurance
CHAPTER 10: Financial Planning with Life Insurance
CHAPTER 11: Investing Basics and Evaluating Bonds
CHAPTER 12: Investing in Stocks
CHAPTER 13: Investing in Mutual Funds
CHAPTER 14: Starting Early: Retirement and Estate Planning
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.Learn more
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.Learn more
How to Access Instructor Tools for your Course
- To get started, you'll need to visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, you'll need to request one from your MH rep. To find your rep – visit the Find Your Rep page).
- Then, under "Find a Title," you'll search by title, author or subject.
- Select your desired title and create a course. (Note – you do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Then go to your Connect course homepage.
- In the top navigation, select library to access the instructor resources that accompany the title.