The Student Experience
• Compelling questions for each topic that encourage deep thought and reflection.
• Inquiry-infused content that incorporates a variety of perspectives.
• Activities that help students engage with present-day issues and affect change locally through informed action.
• A living library of updated program content that makes history relevant, including biweekly current event articles that link what students are learning to today's events.
• Engaging multimedia content, including brand new videos and interactive maps, audio files and more create authentic and engaging ways for students to experience the lesson
• Targeted, personalized learning that adapts to the needs of each student using SmartBook®
The Teacher Experience
Flexibility and Customizable Options
The Teacher Edition offers maximum flexibility for your classroom with support for different types of lessons.
• Each Topic begins with an Introduction Lesson and concludes with a Review and Apply Lesson.
• There are a series of Learn the Events Lessons and Inquiry Activity Lessons in each topic.
• Use all the lessons in a topic or pick and choose the lessons for your classroom.
The Digital Experience
• Full Student Edition narrative with built-in tools including audio reads, full text search, highlighting, annotations, and notes.
• An Approaching Level version provides the core narrative at two grade levels lower than the On-Level version. It also includes additional support for students, especially for comprehending primary and secondary source excerpts.
• Assign a topic or lesson of the eBook to your students. Students may answer questions directly in the eBook and submit for review and grading.
• Interactives to increase student engagement such as video and audio clips, slide shows, interactive graphs and charts, drag and drop activities, and more.
• Access the eBook on any mobile device through the ReadAnywhere app.
• SmartBook® delivers personalized, adaptive learning tailored for each student's individual needs by pinpointing knowledge gaps and focusing instruction on the concepts that require additional study. Teachers can assign a specific chapter, topic, or concept and access advanced reporting features that track individual and class progress with actionable insights to inform in-class instruction.
• All Preassessment, Quizzes, and Tests from the Topic Tests and Lesson Quizzes blackline master are available as printable PDFs in the digital courseware.
• Digital assessments may be assigned online and offer automatic grading on several question types.
• Customize your assessments, edit and existing assessment, or create your own.
Digital worksheets provide additional support and extend learning with:
• Hands-On Topic Projects
• Reading and Writing Essentials
• Activities in Guided Reading, Reteaching, Review and Apply, Video Response, History and Geography, History and Civics, and History and Economics.