Teaching Algebra: Linear Equations
About the Program
Participants extend their understanding of ways to teach linear equations with an emphasis on graphing. They graph points and lines and relate graphs to their numerical representations. Participants also consider teaching strategies that support this content in the classroom, examine student work to identify problem areas, and consider appropriate intervention strategies.
- Apply linear equation concepts to problem-solving applications.
- Expand awareness of effective instructional strategies for teaching linear equation and graphing concepts.
- Develop a project outline to use in the classroom.
RttT/SIG Assurances covered:
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Turning Around the Lowest Performing Schools
Audience: Building Administrators, Coaches, and Teachers
Number of Participants: 1
Delivery Method: Online
Time: 3 to 5 hours