Stern's Introductory Plant Biology (Bidlack)
About the Program
Stern’s Introductory Plant Biology assumes little prior scientific knowledge on the part of the student. Stern emphasizes current interests while presenting basic botanical principles. Students will be introduced to the new classification of plants and plant-related species, integration of biotechnology into several chapters and inclusion of new text boxes addressing ecology, evolution, and molecular biology.
This edition also includes:
• Measurable learning outcomes and updated additional readings.
• A blend of historically important principles as well as modern developments in plant biology that are incorporated directly into the textbook narrative.
• Connect®, featuring auto-gradable and interactive assessment material tied to learning outcomes as well as the LearnSmart® adaptive learning system.
Bidlack, Stern's Introduction to Plant Biology, 2018, 14e, Connect, 1-year subscription
Bidlack, Stern's Introduction to Plant Biology, 2018, 14e, Connect, 6-year subscription
Bidlack, Stern's Introduction to Plant Biology, 2018, 14e, Standard Student Bundle, 1-year subscription
Bidlack, Stern's Introduction to Plant Biology, 2018, 14e, Student Bundle (Student Edition with ConnectED eBook), 1-year subscription
Additional Details & Resources
- CHAPTER 1 What Is Plant Biology?
- CHAPTER 2 The Nature of Life
- CHAPTER 3 Cells
- CHAPTER 4 Tissues
- CHAPTER 5 Roots and Soils
- CHAPTER 6 Stems
- CHAPTER 7 Leaves
- CHAPTER 8 Flowers, Fruits, and Seeds
- CHAPTER 9 Water in Plants
- CHAPTER 10 Plant Metabolism
- CHAPTER 11 Growth and Development
- CHAPTER 12 Meiosis and Alternation of Generations
- CHAPTER 13 Genetics and Molecular Biology
- CHAPTER 1 Plant Breeding, Propagation, and Biotechnology
- CHAPTER 15 Evolution
- CHAPTER 16 Plant Names and Classification
- CHAPTER 17 Domain (Kingdom) Bacteria, Domain (Kingdom) Archaea, and Viruses
- CHAPTER 18 Kingdom Protista
- CHAPTER 19 Kingdom Fungi
- CHAPTER 20 Introduction to the Plant Kingdom: Bryophytes
- CHAPTER 21 The Seedless Vascular Plants: Ferns and Their Relatives
- CHAPTER 22 Introduction to Seed Plants: Gymnosperms
- CHAPTER 23 Seed Plants: Angiosperms
- CHAPTER 24 Flowering Plants and Civilization
- CHAPTER 25 Ecology
- CHAPTER 26 Biomes