Glencoe Algebra 1 © 2008
Grade Levels: 8-12
Glencoe Algebra 1 is a key program in our vertically aligned high school mathematics series developed to help all students achieve a better understanding of mathematics and improve their mathematics scores on today’s high-stakes assessments.
About the Program
Using Glencoe Algebra 1, you can:
- Help all students become better problem solvers with our unique approach to interweaving skills, concepts, and word problems in the Get Ready for the Chapter, in Study Guide and Review, and throughout the Exercises.
- Provide students with more personal assistance in understanding key examples with Personal Tutor – a “virtual” teacher available in every lesson.
- Use Concepts in Motion animations and labs to visually and dynamically demonstrate mathematical content. References to the Concepts in Motion features in the Student Edition are readily accessible online at glencoe.com, on Interactive Classroom, and on StudentWorks Plus.
- Prepare students for standardized tests with questions that are aligned in format, content, and design to those found on today’s high-stakes assessments.
- Help students organize their notes and prepare for tests with Glencoe’s exclusive Foldables study organizers.
Unit 1 Foundations for Functions
- Chapter 1 The Language and Tools of Algebra
- Chapter 2 Solving Linear Equations
Unit 2 Linear Functions
- Chapter 3 Functions and Patterns
- Chapter 4 Analyzing Linear Equations
- Chapter 5 Solving Systems of Linear Equations
- Chapter 6 Solving Linear Inequalities
Unit 3 Polynomials and Nonlinear Functions
- Chapter 7 Polynomials
- Chapter 8 Factoring
- Chapter 9 Quadratic and Exponential Functions
Unit 4 Advanced Expressions and Data Analysis
- Chapter 10 Radical Expressions and Triangles
- Chapter 11 Rational Expressions and Equations
- Chapter 12 Statistics and Probability
Algebra 1, Assignment Works CD-ROM
Algebra 1, Interactive Classroom CD-ROM
Algebra 1, Teacher Wraparound Edition
Algebra 1, TeacherWorks Plus DVD-ROM
Algebra 1, Noteables: Interactive Study Notebook with Foldables
Algebra 1, Practice Workbook
Algebra 1, Skills Practice Workbook
Algebra 1, Spanish Study Guide and Intervention Workbook
Algebra 1, Spanish Word Problems Practice Workbook
Algebra 1, Word Problems Practice Workbook
Algebra Prerequisite Skills Workbook: Remediation and Intervention, Teacher's Guide'
Algebra Prerequisite Skills Workbook: Remediation and Intervention, Student Edition
Showing of Results
Showing of Results
Additional Details & Resources
- Research Base for Glencoe Algebra 1
This paper describes research results in several key areas of mathematics education: curriculum, educational principles, instructional strategies, and mathematical concepts and skills. It points out the Glencoe features that exemplify these research results and provides page numbers of selected examples. A comprehensive list of research references is included.