Glencoe Accounting: Real-World Applications & Connections © 2010
Glencoe Accounting: Real World Applications and Connections is thoroughly integrated with Peachtree Accounting and Quickbooks to give students a real-world learning experience. Real businesses like Amazon.com make learning relevant; academic skills are integrated throughout to meet Perkins mandates. Glencoe Accounting is available on McGraw-Hill Connect™ for online teaching and learning ease!
About the Program
Glencoe Accounting: Real-World Applications and Connections is the market leader in high school accounting! With the program now available in Connect™, the program can be taught online and teachers can manage their classes and resources online. McGraw-Hill’s Connect™ platform allows teachers to select and assign pre-built assignments, including 256 chapter Working Papers problems and banks of test questions for all 29 chapters. Teachers can categorize assignments as either homework, practice, quiz, or exam and they can apply policy settings like due dates, time limits, and number of attempts allowed. Teachers can also edit the pre-made assignments to meet their unique needs or they can create assignments using their own resources or using other program resources like end-of-section and end-of-chapter activities in the eBook and print unit Working Papers projects. Most pre-built assignments are graded automatically and student progress can be tracked using the Connect™ reporting system. The program includes real-world connections and applications, academic integration, and reading strategies designed to meet Perkins mandates.
- Transaction Analysis Model provides students with visual reinforcement about how a transaction affects accounts
- Real World Businesses - use of real financial statements from real companies they'll recognize lets students see the connection between accounting and day to day business operations
- Peachtree and QuickBooks integration has students using the software they are most likely to use on the job
- Academic Skills Applications are integrated throughout
- FBLA and BPA competitive events practice
- Source documents drive the chapter content
- Personal finance activities are included