Exploring Civics & Economics © 2024
Grades: 6 - 8
Empower students to make connections between the past and present as they experience civics and economics through multiple lenses and inquiry while practicing civil discourse to become future-ready citizens.
The Student Experience
• Compelling questions for each topic that encourage deep thought and reflection.
• Inquiry-infused content that incorporates a variety of perspectives.
• Activities that help students engage with present-day issues and affect change locally through informed action.
• A living library of updated program content that makes social studies relevant, including biweekly current event articles that link what students are learning to today's events.
• Engaging multimedia content, including brand new videos and interactive maps, audio files and more create authentic and engaging ways for students to experience the lesson.
• Targeted, personalized learning that adapts to the needs of each student using SmartBook®.
The Teacher Experience
Flexibility and Customizable Options
The Teacher Edition offers maximum flexibility for your classroom with support for different types of lessons.
• Each Topic begins with an Introduction Lesson and concludes with a Review and Apply Lesson.
• There are a series of Learn the Events Lessons and Inquiry Activity Lessons in each topic.
• Use all the lessons in a topic or pick and choose the lessons for your classroom.
The Digital Experience
• Full Student Edition narrative with built-in tools including audio reads, full text search, highlighting, annotations, and notes.
• An Approaching Level version provides the core narrative at two grade levels lower than the On-Level version. It also includes additional support for students, especially for comprehending primary and secondary source excerpts.
• Assign a topic or lesson of the eBook to your students. Students may answer questions directly in the eBook and submit for review and grading.
• Interactives to increase student engagement such as video and audio clips, slide shows, interactive graphs and charts, drag and drop activities, and more.
• Access the eBook on any mobile device through the ReadAnywhere app. Download the lesson or topic for offline access - no internet required.
• SmartBook®delivers personalized, adaptive learning tailored for each student's individual needs by pinpointing knowledge gaps and focusing instruction on the concepts that require additional study. Teachers can assign a specific chapter, topic, or concept and access advanced reporting features that track individual and class progress with actionable insights to inform in-class instruction.
ASSESSMENT AND RESOURCES
• All Preassessment, Quizzes, and Tests from the Topic Tests and Lesson Quizzes blackline master are available as printable PDFs in the digital courseware.
• Digital assessments may be assigned online and offer automatic grading on a wide range of question types.
• Customize your assessments, edit and existing assessment, or create your own.
Digital worksheets provide additional support and extend learning with:
• Hands-On Topic Projects
• Reading and Writing Essentials
• Activities in Guided Reading, Reteaching, Review and Apply, Video Response, Civics and Geography, History and Civics, and Civics and Economics.
Differentiation and Scaffolding throughout the program, including Reading and Writing Essentials.