Chang, Chemistry, AP Edition, ©2023, 14e
Grades: 9 - 12
Fully aligned to the AP Framework, Chang’s Chemistry balances rigorous college-level content with accessible and inspiring instruction built for AP success. Chang’s traditional approach to chemistry is delivered in a straight forward writing style with a strong focus on developing problem-solving strategies and skills.
New Features for AP Success
• Chapter 1 provides a thorough introduction to the AP Units and Science Practices to establish the context for the learning ahead.
• AP Chapter Openers, Chapter Summaries, and AP Chapter Reviews ensure focus on the most important content and concepts.
• The unique program design provides visual correlations of the chapters to the AP Chemistry Curriculum Framework.
• Thinking Critically prompts accompany boxed features to provide opportunities for students to demonstrate their reasoning skills.
• Step-by-step, worked through example questions and guided practice problems that highlight intermediate steps in problem solving.
• An abundance of adaptive math practice with ALEKS for AP Chemistry.
• An AP Teacher Manual, available in print and online, includes classroom activities, pacing guides, lab activities, AP test banks, practice exams, and directives for using the AP Chemistry Laboratory Manual.
• A robust digital platform that includes the SmartBook, eBook, AP Unit Review eBooks, AP test prep, and practice exams.
ALEKS for AP Chemistry
More math and chemistry practice! Available with the digital subscription, ALEKS uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine exactly what math topics a student knows and doesn’t know, and instructs each student on the topics they are most ready to learn.
5 Steps to a 5
5 Steps to a 5: AP Chemistry guides students through an effective 5-step study plan to help them build skills, knowledge, and test-taking confidence for AP Exam success. Includes 5 MINUTES TO A 5 section with daily activities to reinforce key AP topics!
- Introduction to AP Chemistry
- Atoms, Ions, and Molecules
- Mass Relationships in Chemical Reactions
- Reactions in Aqueous Solutions
- Quantum Theory and the Electronic Structure of Atoms
- Periodic Relationships Among the Elements
- Compounds and Bonding
- Structure and Bonding Theories
- Intermolecular Forces and Liquids and Solids
- Physical Properties of Solutions
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Acids and Bases
- Acid-Base Equilibria and Solubility Equilibria
- Entropy, Gibbs Energy, and Equilibrium
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemistry in the Atmosphere
- Metallurgy and the Chemistry of Metals
- Nonmetallic Elements and Their Compounds
- Coordination Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Synthetic and Natural Organic Polymers