Brinkley, The Unfinished Nation: A Concise History of the American People, ©2023, 10e
Grades: 9 - 12
The Unfinished Nation is the best-selling concise text for U.S. History. Suitable the AP or Honors course, this text is respected for its clear narrative voice and impeccable scholarship.
• An eBook and an adaptive SmartBook® help students learn faster, study more efficiently, and master course content.
• Self-assessments and real-time reports help students monitor their progress.
• Assessments, customizable PowerPoint lectures, and primary and secondary source activities are included in every chapter.
• AP resources are available for use in the AP-level course.
- The Collision of Cultures
- Transplantations and Borderlands
- Society and Culture in Provincial America
- The Empire in Transition
- The American Revolution
- The Constitution and the New Republic
- The Jeffersonian Era
- Expansion and Division in the Early Republic
- Jacksonian America
- America’s Economic Revolution
- Cotton, Slavery, and the Old South
- Antebellum Culture and Reform
- The Impending Crisis
- The Civil War
- Reconstruction and the New South
- The Conquest of the Far West
- Industrial Supremacy
- The Age of the City
- From Crisis to Empire
- The Progressives
- America and the Great War
- The New Era
- The Great Depression
- The New Deal Era
- America in a World at War
- The Cold War
- The Affluent Society
- The Turbulent Sixties
- The Crisis of Authority
- From "The Age of Limits" to Reaganism
- The Age of Globalization