Integrated Principles of Zoology (Hickman)
Grades: 9 - 12
Emphasizing the central role of evolution in generating diversity, this best-selling text describes animal life and the fascinating adaptations that enable animals to inhabit so many ecological niches. Featuring high quality illustrations and photographs set within an engaging narrative, Integrated Principles of Zoology is considered the standard by which other texts are measured.
- Accessible coverage, organized in five parts, suitable for today’s high school elective courses.
- Comprehensive coverage of biological and zoological principles, mechanisms of evolution, diversity, physiology, and ecology.
- Extensive vocabulary support including a glossary that provides pronunciation, derivation, and definition of each term.
- Opening chapter prologues drawn from the chapter’s theme to establish and contextualize the learning.
- Chapter summaries and review questions to aid in comprehension and study.
- Chapter notes and essays that offer interesting sidelights to the narrative.
- Personalized, adaptive, and dynamic digital resources including eBook and SmartBook adaptive eBook.