Wardlaw's Contemporary Nutrition, 12th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
Wardlaw's Contemporary Nutrition is a complete and balanced resource for nutrition information written at a level non-science majors can understand. Current research is at the core of every new edition with revised statistics, incorporation of new results of clinical trials, and updated recommendations. The text provides students who lack a strong science background with the ideal balance of reliable nutrition information and practical, consumer-oriented knowledge.
1 Nutrition, Food Choices, and Health
2 Designing a Healthy Eating Pattern
3 The Human Body: A Nutrition Perspective
PART TWO Energy Nutrients and Energy Balance
7 Energy Balance
PART THREE Vitamins, Minerals, and Water
8 Vitamins and Phytochemicals
9 Water and Minerals
PART FOUR Nutrition: Beyond the Nutrients
10 Nutrition: Fitness and Sports
11 Eating Disorders
12 Protecting Our Food Supply
13 Global Nutrition
PART FIVE Nutrition: A Focus on Life Stages
14 Nutrition during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
15 Nutrition from Infancy through Adolescence
16 Nutrition during Adulthood
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.