* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
You asked for it – you got it! Based on the market leading gold standard product, Nickels, Understanding Business 12e, Understanding Business: The Core 2e provides a fully revised product with fewer chapters. Reviewers asked for fewer chapters and to include a chapter on using technology, particularly social media. Understanding Business: The Core 2e is now 16 chapters. Here’s how we did it:
• Chapter 1, Taking Risks and Making Profits within the Dynamic Business Environment, and Chapter 2, Understanding Economics, were condensed and combined to create Chapter 1, Exploring the Business Environment and Economics. The coverage of current trends was deleted since it is covered in other chapters.
• Chapter 11, Human Resource Management: Finding and Keeping the Best Employees, and Chapter 12, Dealing with Employee–Management Issues, were condensed and combined to create Chapter 10, Human Resource Management: Finding and Keeping the Best Employees.
• Chapter 16, Financial Management, was combined with Chapter 17, Using Securities Markets for Financing and Investing Opportunities, to create Chapter 15, Financial Management. This revised chapter retains the material about selling stocks and bonds to raise capital. The content about investing in stocks and bonds was moved to Bonus Chapter C Managing Personal Finances and Investing.
• Bonus Chapter B, Using Technology to Manage Business, was expanded and promoted to the main text as Chapter 13, Using Technology to Manage Information.
• Bonus Chapter C, Managing Personal Finance and Investing, was expanded to include a condensed version of the content regarding investing in stocks and bonds that was moved from the former Securities Markets chapter.
2. Doing Business in Global Markets
3. Demanding Ethical and Socially Responsible Behavior
4. How to Form a Business
5. Entrepreneurship and Starting a Small Business
6. Management and Leadership
7. Structuring Organizations for Today’s Challenges
8. Production and Operations Management
9. Motivating Employees
10. Human Resource Management: Finding and Keeping the Best Employees
11. Marketing: Helping Buyers Buy
12. Managing the Marketing Mix: Product, Price, Place, and Promotion
13. Using Technology to Manage Information
14. Understanding Accounting and Financial Information
15. Financial Management
16. Money, Financial Institutions, and the Federal Reserve
Bonus A. Working within the Legal Environment
Bonus B. Managing Risk
Bonus C. Managing Personal Finances & Investing
Epilogue. Getting the Job You Want
- LMS Integration
- Print/Loose-Leaf Book Add-On Availability
- Presentation Slides & Instructor Resources
- Question & Test Banks
- Adaptive Assignments
- Student Progress Reporting & Analytics
- Essay Prompts
- Prebuilt Courses
- Interactive Exercises
- eBook Access (ReadAnywhere App)
- Remote Proctoring (Proctorio)
- Subject-Specific Tools
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.