Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach, 9th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
The subject of thermodynamics deals with energy and has long been an essential part of engineering curricula all over the world. Its broad application area ranges from microscopic organisms to common household appliances, transportation vehicles, power generation systems, and even philosophy. This introductory book contains sufficient material for two sequential courses in thermodynamics, and students are assumed to have an adequate background in calculus and physics. A conscious effort is made to emphasize the basic principles of thermodynamics while also providing students with a perspective of how computational tools are used in engineering practice. The traditional classical, or macroscopic, approach is used throughout the text, with microscopic arguments serving in a supporting role as appropriate. This approach is more in line with students’ intuition and makes learning the subject matter much easier.
1) Introduction and Basic Concepts
2) Energy, Energy Transfer, and General Energy Analysis
3) Properties of Pure Substances
4) Energy Analysis of Closed Systems
5) Mass and Energy Analysis of Control Volumes
6) The Second Law of Thermodynamics
9) Gas Power Cycles
10) Vapor and Combined Power Cycles
11) Refrigeration Cycles
12) Thermodynamic Property Relations
13) Gas Mixtures
14) Gas-Vapor Mixtures and Air-Conditioning
15) Chemical Reactions
16) Chemical and Phase Equilibrium
17) Compressible Flow
18) Renewable Energy (Web Chapter)
Appendix 1 - Property Tables and Charts (SI Units)
Appendix 2 - Property Tables and Charts (English Units)
By prompting students to engage with key concepts, while continually adapting to their individual needs, Connect activates learning and empowers students to take control resulting in better grades and increased retention rates. Proven online content integrates seamlessly with our adaptive technology, and helps build student confidence outside of the classroom.
Available within Connect, SmartBook 2.0 is an adaptive learning solution that provides personalized learning to individual student needs, continually adapting to pinpoint knowledge gaps and focus learning on concepts requiring additional study. SmartBook 2.0 fosters more productive learning, taking the guesswork out of what to study, and helps students better prepare for class. With the ReadAnywhere mobile app, students can now read and complete SmartBook 2.0 assignments both online and off-line. For instructors, SmartBook 2.0 provides more granular control over assignments with content selection now available at the concept level. SmartBook 2.0 also includes advanced reporting features that enable instructors to track student progress with actionable insights that guide teaching strategies and advanced instruction, for a more dynamic class experience.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources
Reduce course material costs for your students while still providing full access to everything they need to be successful. It isn't too good to be true - it's Inclusive Access.
Creating accessible products is a priority for McGraw Hill. We make accessibility and adhering to WCAG AA guidelines a part of our day-to-day development efforts and product roadmaps.
For more information, visit our accessibility page, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org