Symptom to Diagnosis An Evidence Based Guide, Fourth Edition, 4th Edition
* The estimated amount of time this product will be on the market is based on a number of factors, including faculty input to instructional design and the prior revision cycle and updates to academic research-which typically results in a revision cycle ranging from every two to four years for this product. Pricing subject to change at any time.
Additional Product Information:
"This book is a tremendous asset for students and residents learning to develop their diagnostic skills. It can also be useful as a refresher for established clinicians when the more common diagnoses are not the cause of a patient's complaints." —Doody's Review An engaging case-based approach to learning the diagnostic process in internal medicine Doody's Core Titles for 2022! Symptom to Diagnosis, Fourth Edition teaches an evidence-based, step-by-step process for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients based on their clinical complaints. By applying this process clinicians will be able to recognize specific diseases and prescribe the most effective therapy. Each chapter is built around a common patient complaint that illustrates essential concepts and provides insight into the process by which the differential diagnosis is identified. As the case progresses, clinical reasoning is explained in detail. The differential diagnosis for that particular case is summarized in tables that highlight the clinical clues and important tests for the leading diagnostic hypothesis and alternative diagnostic hypotheses. As the chapter progresses, the pertinent diseases are reviewed. Just as in real life, the case unfolds in a stepwise fashion as tests are performed and diagnoses are confirmed or refuted. Completely updated to reflect the latest research in clinical medicine, this fourth edition is enhanced by algorithms, summary tables, questions that direct evaluation, and an examination of recently developed diagnostic tools and guidelines. Clinical pearls are featured in every chapter. Coverage for each disease includes: Textbook Presentation, Disease Highlights, Evidence-Based Diagnosis, and Treatment.
Your text has great instructor tools, like presentation slides, instructor manuals, test banks and more. Follow the steps below to access your instructor resources or watch the step-by-step video.
Steps to access instructor resources:
- To get started, visit connect.mheducation.com to sign in. (If you do not have an account, request one from your McGraw Hill rep. To find your rep, visit Find Your Rep)
- Then, under "Find a Title," search by title, author, or subject
- Select your desired title, and create a course. (You do not have to create assignments, just a course instance)
- Go to your Connect course homepage
- In the top navigation, select library to access the title's instructor resources